Sunday, February 28, 2010

Canada wins Gold; USA wins Silver

I have no idea what to say. My throat hurts from yelling and I feel as if I have just run a marathon. This game was incredible from start to finish. I can't even be upset that USA lost...they played so incredibly well and so did Canada that my mind is just overcome with quality hockey. And of course, Sidney Crosby saved the day for Canada. The guy who has been rather "silent" for the last two games for Canada came up big, in the only way Sid knows how to come up big--by scoring the game winning goal in overtime!

I really need a nap!!

Some quotes from the game from the people I watched the game with or talked to during the game:

"Following the Olympics..."--Emrick
"Zach and Melissa are getting married."--Mom

Needless to say, I was on the floor laughing extremely hard after that comment.

"I'm just trying to remain calm."--Val

You weren't the only one, that's for sure!! :)

"Go Canada."--Jenny
"Go USA."--me

My bestest is Canadian. We've been trash talking all day about this game. I love her dearly!!

Again, congratulations to both teams. And I'm really happy for Babs and Stevie--love them both!!

No comments:

Post a Comment