Saturday, May 30, 2009

A few things...Finals Start Tonight

Well, I didn't post yesterday--Sorry! I worked all day and then had dinner at the club with Julie and then vegged out the rest of the night! I was exhausted from a long week, even though I only worked 2.5 days this week!

I'd like to start off today's post commenting on the fact that my Dad is seriously one of the coolest people in the world and one of the best Dad's in the world!!! Unbeknown to me, a teacher at the school he works at went to the wings/blackhawks game 3 at the United Center last weekend. He asked his friend to buy me a blackhawks hat because he knew I would like that. It's even got the Wrigley Field logo on the back of it!! "Now Melissa, this isn't some hat that you get at a sporting goods store, this is from the actual United Center!" How thoughtful is my Dad?? Love him! He felt bad last year that we didn't get Stanley Cup playoff tickets for the final with the Wings vs. the Penguins so when the Pens came to play on Nov 11th we went! Great seats, great game, great company! I love you Dad!!!

Second thing: I got to drive the mercedes skl 280. It wasn't the 350! I was wrong, but my goodness that thing goes from 0-60 so fast! Dairy Queen was great too! Dad was at the club when Ashley and I left so I called him and told him to meet me out front because I had something to show him! I drove up in this beauty right here and he said I looked great driving it! He told us we should forget going to DQ and head to downtown A2 because the guys will go crazy over the car! He's probably right, but we wanted DQ!


So Game 1 starts tonight. Datsyuk is out but I'm hearing that Lidstrom and Ericsson will be in the lineup. I've heard nothing about Draper. Honestly, I was hoping to be at the game tonight, but I'm about $1600 short! Just spent that money on new golf clubs...wings/pens game or new golf clubs...that's a tough one! I'll be happy watching the game on tv though. It will still be fun! I don't know what's going to happen. I'm at a total loss.

My manager emailed me this photo. I think it's absolutely horrible because Havlat got hurt, but hysterically funny at the same time because it's so true! I do not want to be on the receiving end of one of Kronwall's hits!!


Happy hockey watching tonight! Let's have a quality game!

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!

Here's a great Adam Burish article that I found: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/hockey/blackhawks/chi-28-hawks-outloud,0,297072.story. I still want to play golf with him! Especially now that he's not harassing my wings!

For your entertainment--this could be why I think the Blackhawks are probably the most fun team in the nhl to hang out with outside of hockey!

1 comment: