Saturday, May 30, 2009

Game 1: Wings 3--Pittsburgh 1

Here's a quick recap before I jump into a bed that looks so wonderful! I cringed, I started chewing at my nails, I called Ashley freaking out, I jumped up and down screaming at the tv, and I practically lost my voice! Sounds about right for a Stanley Cup Final playoff game, eh?

I didn't think either team really took control of the game and held onto it. It seemed to go back and forth far too much for my liking, but hey, the wings won, so I'm not going to complain! The Penguins are NOT the same team they were a year ago or the team I saw play in person on November 11th. They are much more dominant in the neutral zone! They used to be so hesitant! There is no way that this series will be a cake walk for either team. I don't think that Detroit will sit back and relax at all. They know what's at stake and know they can play a lot better than they did tonight. The Pens did a great job disrupting their routine. I am worried about the fatigue, but I think it is phenomenal (PHENOMENAL!) that the young guys are stepping up for Detroit when they need it the most! Congrats Justin on your first playoff goal! Way to stick with the puck!

1 word....OZZIE!

Things I'm not so happy about. I've always been a Crosby fan! Well, I have since last winter when I heard about him getting hurt (high ankle sprain) and then all the hype about him and decided to take in a game or two once he came back to see what all the fuss was about. I've been a fan ever since. What I'm not a fan of is him going after Maltby. I specifically remember him taking his stick and slashing Maltby while he was on the ground next to the blue line in the last game these two teams played against one another in Pittsburgh. I screamed at the tv then. I lost a bit of respect for the Saint, not gonna lie. I think he's too get to get caught up in the cheap shots--beat everyone with your skill! Then today after the game as he is skating back to his bench to meet with his teammates, he decides he's going to hit Maltby with his stick on his boot. Yeah, he didn't swing and hit him, but he still made contact and it looked like on the replay that he purposely did that. Am I surprised, no. Am I sure Maltby said something during the game for him to get mad enough at him to take a swing at him, probably. Was it necessary, NOPE! That's just dumb and it makes me mad.

Sid--
I think you are amazingly talented, but you need to use your brain all the time instead of for selective purposes. Not only is this man your elder and you should respect him, you need to respect the game better than that and stop those cheap shots. You get hit with cheap shots all the time. It doesn't mean that you should give them out as well. Beat teams by being the better player. You know you have more talent! Use it! Just don't beat my wings!
--Melissa

So I hope all of that makes sense. I'm tired and my head hurts a bit from all the yelling and jumping up and down. I haven't had this kind of excitement in a few days...and I'm still mad at the NHL. Game 2, Sunday night at 8pm!

No comments:

Post a Comment