Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Hudler is gone

Jiri Hudler has informed the Red Wings that he will be playing in Russia next season than with the wings. I am kinda speechless right now. I don't know how to feel or what to say. I'm a bit surprised by the move, but I understand that the wings were never going to be able to offer him the kind of money that the Russia leagues offer. I know someone who went over there to play in the league. He got injured before he even stepped out on the ice and was still guaranteed $100,000. He took that money, came back to the states and retired!

I guess the good news is that Abdelkader now has the opportunity to "bring it" next year and get a chance with the team from the get go! He's going to keep learning and improving so I like that.

Ken Holland says the wings have a little over $1.5 million to pick up a free agent winger. He says he's not rushing into any decisions though.

Jiri, I'll miss you! I'd rather you stayed here and played! I know you're not the biggest guy on the ice, but you've got so much heart and such an ability to push guys around and make great shots on net! You're an asset to our team! All the best!--Melissa

1 comment:

  1. Ummm...I'll take Abdie, because I think Jiri will do just fine in with the russian league!

    ReplyDelete