Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Game 6 Recap

There are several things to discuss today!

1) I shot 38 last night. 8 pars and 1 double bogey. I wasn’t happy about the double because I just played the hole like crap, but the other 8 holes were great! I really like my new clubs.

2) I was told last night by a few people sitting at my table in the 19th hole at the club that I need to become a sports broadcaster. This is not the first time I’ve heard this. This is, however, the first time I have heard it from a former NFL player! Maybe I should quit the teaching gig and head off into the sunset with my first love of sports…naw! I love teaching far too much! And sometimes you just need a break from sports all together—how can you take one if it’s your job? When I played college golf, the summer season after my senior year I think I played golf 30 times the entire summer! I used to play golf practically every day! I needed a break. I think that’s the same way with a job! Too much of a good thing…is usually a good thing, but sometimes not! Let’s stick with teaching!

3) The game last night. The Penguins won 2-1. I think that they were the better team last night. They played all out, desperate hockey for the entire game. The Red Wings only showed up for the final 28 minutes of the game. It was almost as if they weren’t even at Mellon until the third period. I don’t know if they got lost or were sleeping or what, but they looked like crap. I was very disappointed. I think Marc-Andre Fleury made some INCREDIBLE saves! He was outstanding! For a guy who has been a bit shaky this playoff season as well as the regular season, he looked every bit an all-star goalie last night! In addition, I have to grant the same praise to Chis Osgood! He kept the Red Wings in the game far longer than they deserved to be! Ozzie—you’re the man once again!

I loved seeing Jonathan Ericsson take some shots last night and loved it even more when Draper got the rebound and put in an amazing goal! I love seeing Drapes on the score sheet! And as much as it pains me to start oogling over players on my serious sports blog, Jonathan Ericsson is seriously hot! Sigh…I feel a bit better! Got a few butterflies in the tummy, but all is well! I hope he’s on the roster at the beginning of the year come October!

Here’s a cabbie treat for you featuring Jonathan Ericsson! He’s one sweet Sweede!


By the way, I’m sick and tired of the media saying that the wings lost this game on purpose so they could win it at home. Anyone who believes that is a COMPLETE IDIOT!! There is no way the wings would throw a game that has this much importance. If anything Gary Bettman has done a wonderful job of making sure there are 7 games in this series! If you’re going to say the Wings threw the game, I’m going to say Bettman fixed the playoffs to have the Penguins in the finals and have it go 7 games! Yeah, that’s how stupid this argument is, although it wouldn’t really surprise me if Bettman really did do this because the Penguins are his baby!

4) I have a good friend who has 4 tickets in the 6th row behind the opposing player’s penalty box. I have asked for a couple tickets to the next game when the Wings play the Blackhawks. He has agreed to give me the tickets!! I am super excited about this! I can’t wait for the schedule to come out to see when I get to go to the game!

Also, he was offered $1,500 a ticket for Game 5. He sold them. For game 7, he was offered $5,000 a ticket! So a grand total of $20,000 for giving up his tickets to game 7. He didn’t really want the wings to win last night, and I understand completely, however, I would love Stanley to be covered in champagne and hanging around Detroit all day today rather than being packed away for another trip to Hockeytown where there is a possibility that the Wings may not be celebrating! Yeah, I went there! If they don’t get their heads in the game, Sidney Crosby will be skating around the ice with tears in his eyes and the cup over his head! It’s an image I do want to see—ONE DAY—but not on Friday night!

5) I’m looking at deadspin this morning and trying to catch up on all that I have missed the past few weeks. Turns out the Jonas Brothers were on Sportscenter to present the top 10 plays. That’s right…I wrote the Jonas Brothers! How they have anything to do with sports, I haven’t a clue! Reminds me of a mouthpiecesports.com video where Sarah Spain is asking the Blackhawks to say the first word that comes to their mind when they are shown a picture. Adam Burish is shown a picture of the Jonas Brothers and his response is something along the lines of not being able to comment because it wouldn’t be PG enough! Here’s the video for your enjoyment. Glad to hear they are playing golf though!





6) I saw this on SI.com’s Extra Mustard today. Apparently someone has hacked Tony Romo’s facebook account. I laughed so hard I nearly cried. Then I saw it again, and I laughed again! Enjoy!

Pacman shot him 914 times with an ak-47? Nick Lachey is telling him not to call him anymore because he doesn't know how to handle Jess! Jess' Dad is telling Tony he got US Weekly to pay $4.5 million for the wedding pictures! He's only going to give Tony $3 million though...how is that fair??

1 comment:

  1. Loved your thoughts on the wings "throwing the game" last night - what? That is some serious craziness that people would actually think that.

    BAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Tony Romo's fb page is most excellent!

    ReplyDelete