Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Recapping the Weekend in Sports

In case you were away from the wide world of sports this weekend, Lucas Glover won the 2009 U.S. Open at Bethpage Black. And he was dry all of Monday! I don't think I've ever seen so much rain or seen greens that were as badly damaged as the ones at Bethpage Black. I'm shocked the ball rolled as true as it did becuase when the tv guys zoomed in, they were rolling and bumping all over the place!

Who did I end up rooting for? Well Adam Scott did well! I was excited to see that! I didn't hear about any blowup holes so that can go in the win column. I was really rooting for David Duval though. I've always been a fan. I called him Popeye when I was younger because I always though his forearms were as big as Popeyes! He's definitly aged over the past 10 years, but golf can do that to you! Getting married and having kids helps as well! I was excited to see him up on the leaderboard and performing to the level he is capable of! He's worked so hard to get back there!

I totally got goosebumps yesterday when Phil eagled to become a coleader! Then he bogeyed 2 of the last 4 holes. I would say typical Phil, but I didn't see him play any of the holes so I really can't judge how he played! I hope the next few weeks go well for him and his family!

Here's a video of a few PGA players showing off their New York Accents!!


Hockey News: Inductees to the Hall of Fame will be announced this week. Top of the list would be my all time favorite player EVER--my Captian, Steve Yzerman!! ::cheers::cheers::

As far as the NHL Awards go, I was totally bored throughout the broadcast. I laughed the most when AO, Geno, and Datsyuk were somehow involved with the festivities. I had tears in my eyes as I watch Vladdy and Igor presenting an award. It was truly nice of the NHL to include them!

I miss hockey!

Now it's time for football season or at least getting ready for football season! I'm trying to figure out what kind of a team Michigan is going to have this fall. I'm also hoping for an Eastern victory when they play at Michigan! I'm sure it will be demoralizing for U-M, but it would do more good for the EMU program who now has Michigan's former Defensive Coordinator as their coach! Remember Ron English? From what I've heard through some former players, he's already turned the defense around! They are faster and stronger! Watch out U-M! They've kicked us around for years...it's time for us to give them the boot! At least once!!

I bleed maize and blue. How is it possible that I am speaking like this? I guess my University got to me a little more than I ever thought it would have! Boy if Coach could see me now! She hated that I was a Michigan fan and playing golf at a different school! Last year I rooted for EMU when they played Michigan! I got booed by the people who have sat around me for the past 24 years of my life! Actually, that's a lie. My Dad has had the tickets for 30 years and none of the origanal ticket holders that surround us are the same! We're the only ones left!

Plans for this week: play golf and go to Karen's wedding! The Cubs are in town playing the Tigers! They never play one another so maybe I'll take in an inning on tv...yeah, right! Me watch baseball? Are you kidding? I probably will though, only becuase it's a monumental occasion!

A video for the day: Max Talbot with a baby.....what??? It's not his, but it's cute to see his interactions wtih the baby!! :)

Even Sid says in the video, "This is gonna be on facebook!" Well Sid, I never saw this on facebook, but I did see on my blogspot because here it is! lovelovelove!

1 comment:

  1. I was so excited about Phil M. finishing as well as he did, and also that the final round didn't interfere with his family vacation.

    Max is adorable with that baby, and I love it when he says "it's not mine!"

    ReplyDelete