Monday, June 8, 2009

Post Time!! :)

Great news...I’m up and about!! After spending the afternoon in bed since I went home from work early, I am now feeling much more like myself! So much so, that I’m back on the computer!

So this weekend was amazing! I made my first trip to Canada since I was 11 and went to Toronto on the class trip—we watched red wing playoff games on that trip too! They didn’t win the cup though that year. I went my old teammates wedding. If there’s one thing about playing a college sport or any sport in general, your teammates really do become family. When I received the invitation for Lindsay’s wedding, I had to accept! The wedding was beautiful! Mark is a great guy, and the two of them make a great couple! I have never been witness to sooooo many golf and hockey puns in my entire life—needless to say I felt right at home!


I met a few guys who were not convinced I knew anything about hockey. Honestly, that kind of pissed me off. They were kinda creepy though. I ended up going back and forth between the bar and the reception with the fiancé of one of my other teammates! My Mom was also texting me score updates throughout the reception—thanks Mom!!

I really didn’t see that much of the game! What I did see was rather enjoyable, let’s be honest! The wings looked like the wings. I didn’t see any break down in their play. They played smart and fast hockey. They didn’t look tired or old like so much of the media was portraying them to be. Things I did notice from watching the highlights on Canadian sportscenter:Pittsburgh fell apart. They reminded me so much of the Chicago Blackhawks in Game 4 it was depressing. They took stupid penalties over and over again. Geno looked like a fool on skates instead of his MVP self. Sid whacking Zetterburg really wasn’t necessary. Neither was Talbot whacking on Pavel Datsyuk in his first game back!

I think Ozzie played outstanding once again! He had a shutout, big deal! I’m more excited with the stops he made! He looked poised and in control while in net which you need to be in order to win a cup! Congrats to him and the team for helping him out!

Pavel Datsyuk…oh how I have missed you! I really didn’t realize how much because I was enjoying the play of our younger players! I know you’re not old by any means, 30 is the new 20 afterall, but you presence changed the game for the better!

Niklas Kronwall, not only can you skate, beat guys up with your massive hits, but you can skate with the puck and score! Your goal, the third of the game, was an absolute beauty! Congrats! So Game 6 is tomorrow night in Pittsburgh. I will be playing golf and then watching the game. Hopefully I’ll be done well before the 8pm start, but I doubt it. I can’t figure out why I agreed to sub in league…

I WANT STANLEY!! LET’S GO WINGS!!



On a side note...Dad has written on my facebook photo album that he thinks I look so good in the mercedes that he's thinking about getting me one!! Hot Diggity Dog! :) New golf clubs, new mercedes, I live on a golf course in Michigan and in Florida...I am one spoiled sports nut! Now I know it will not happen...Dad wouldn't even buy himself a mercedes let alone me, but it's the thought that counts, right? I love you Dad!!

Just for laughts...here's Denver playing with the penguin!! hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment